Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Life...As it were...

To all my nearest and dearest, those who know me and those who don't, friends, compatriots and loyal subjects, I bid you hello, and a sincere apology for my long absence from the blogging community. Time has been filled with time with others, time by myself, time in class, and time at work. My wonderful Delia is leaving in but a short while. What a devastating blow to the comfortable life that I lead. She is going to Jackson to help take care of her family. I know she doesn't want to go, and I don't want her to go, but maybe there will be some good that comes of this. I know that it is my responsibility to take care of her and help her through all of this as she goes through it. However, this touches on slightly different subject. Is it the man's responsibility to be strong for the woman and act as though he is not affected and that all will be okay, or is it better for the man to share his emotions and show the woman she is not alone in her malady? Just one of those questions I guess. Delia has been a prototypical girl in our relationship, in all good senses of the word, and I feel like I have counteracted her femininity with my masculinity. It has been fabulous, and quite interesting. Moving on....school starts in a few weeks, and I can honestly say I am excited. Not because my girlfriend will be leaving me, but because I will be that much closer to being a choir director. There are few things in my life that I have been as excited about before. Well, hopefully the elapsed time between this and my next post will be drastically reduced. Until then, bask in these golden days, and enjoy these golden times.
charles

No comments: