Thursday, March 16, 2006

Two totally unrelated topics

First, I want to say congratulations for Delia getting into pharmacy school! YES! That is so amazing, great job babe! I couldn't be prouder, especially after the fun (haha) experience of this past year, right?
Secondly, I just wanted to take a moment to pontificate my current stress inducer, it's called a Music History paper. However, I'm actually enjoying the research and score study. I feel like I'm becoming a MUSICIAN, not just a member of a choir or future choir director, (Next May, YES!) I'm beginning to understand the excellent craftsmanship a composer uses in writing every note of a superb piece of music. My paper is on Mendelssohn's oratorio, "Elijah", the story of the great Old Testament prophet, and the song I am analyzing is "Lord God of Abraham." There are so many subtle tools Mendelssohn has used...anyways, I'll shut up. I mainly wanted to use this post as another way to say that I can't wait to be a conductor. I'm finally beginning to understand what Elizabeth Green, (The Modern Conductor) was talking about when she said "a joy in study." I love it. I am a dork, and that's okay.
Till next time, read 1 Kings 18. Then you'll understand my paper when I post it in the next month or so.
charles

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Charles,

There is a paper somewhere (or article?) about messianic symbolism in Elijah. You might enjoy it en route.

Sam said...

I would love to proofread it Charles....I love to proofread papers! Sad and pathetic I know, but hey. You hang out with me...so there.