Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Mediocrity

Does this word frighten anyone else as it does myself? In closing of my last post, I said "Be Special," and I know that everyone has aspirations of being acceptional. But does anyone's drive for success come not only from a desire to accomplish but from a fear of being average? To me, mediocrity is unacceptable, and inevitably precedes anonymity. I aspire to greatness, and though this may seem hard to believe, it is none the less, true. A mediocre life is one that has nothing to show for itself, one that has been satisfied with a bare minimum, and with "scraping by." This willingness to settle is hard for me to comprehend. I have seen the wonderful people in my life, and the greatness that not only have the achieved, but I have caught a glimpse of what they will achieve in the future. To me, being average is easy. It requires no great talent, no dedication, no hard work or sacrifice. In a way, mediocrity is non-existence. Well, I think I've been inspired enough for one night. It's time for bed. Remember....Exist, aspire to greatness.
chalres

1 comment:

delia said...

and you know, wonderful charles, that you are so far from average...i see the same things, that you say you see in others, in you...and i am one lucky girl to be able to have you in my life, you keep me wanting to better myself, you bring out the best, not only in me, but in the people you encounter everyday...i love you...